Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Day! Happy Easter! Happy Birthday! And a Prayer/Card Request!

I hope this post finds everyone Happy today! I worked on some Happy cards this past week and wanted to share them with you. This is a mixture of fun cards to help celebrate Easter and Birthdays.

We had some wonderful weather this weekend (temps in the 50s and 60s -- Woohooo!!) and even if the weatherman says there is one more bout of snow to deal with, Im going to pretend he is mistaken..LOL So lets all celebrate spring and be happy!!

HAPPY EASTER

For those of you who are not aware of the new SoftPencil Studios that made its debut on March 8th, please stop over HERE to check out the new and fantastic images by my dear friend Elizabeth Pujalka.
Elizabeth is an incredible artist and designs some adorable images and just released a whole new line of characters called the "Tinytwinies".

As part of Elizabeth releasing her Easter images she asked her guests to pick their favorite Easter image in the collection. Then she randomly selected one person to receive the entire
Easter collection, and also generously sent the Easter item everyone else selected that image to keep and create items from! What a fabulous surprise!! As you will see I selected the following image called 'Happy Easter'. I love the sweet little animals that Elizabeth draws, and couldnt resist picking the image with them all surr0unding a cute Easter Egg.

I only had one Happy Easter greeting stamp, which is a small clear acrylic stamp made by a local artist here in Pittsburgh, and it seemed to fit with the whimsical style of Elizabeth's image. I had so much fun coloring up this digital stamp and hope that you all stop over to Elizabeth's site and pick up some of the sweet images she carries. I have many other images that I have purchased in the past and will dig them up and color them up for a future post.

Here is a copy of the full card:


I colored the image using Copic markers and then added some Tumbled Glass distress ink to create a sky-like appearance. The paper behind the image is the new Hero Arts pattern paper and the silver dotted strip across the middle of the card is from my scrap box. The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch that I dressed up with some bling that I had in my accessories box. As I mentioned earlier, the happy Easter sentiment was made by a local artist and is a clear acrylic stamp.

Here is a closeup of the image:

Arent the animals just adorable!?! I love them!
Each animal has a name you will get to know Michu (the cat), Ratiny (the mouse), Sunny (the bunny) and Perry (the dog) as well as many other of Elizabeth's creations.


Happy Birthday!!


The next group of Birthday cards came about for a number of different reasons. This first card is a sketch challenge for the Color Me Creative Birthday Celebration! I have had a lot of fun playing along with the challenges, games and puzzles for the celebration. Stop over at the link above and wish Suzanne the very best for her celebration.

This is my sketch challenge entry:

I used some of the Critter Balloon animals from Bugaboo stamps and following the sketch, I added some soft pinks and gold to finish up the sketch. To the vertical strips, I used an EK success border punch with open scallops. The center circle is from Nestabilities and the stamp is from Anita's stamps. The individual balloons are punched from a Martha Stewart balloon punch and I added a piece of bakery string to each.


For another challenge in the CMC Birthday celebration was to make a birthday card. This is my entry for the Birthday card challenge:

For this birthday card, I used this weeks freebie from Bugaboo Stamps. Here ia a quick link to this weeks Freebie, called Scene it Bear Birthday. Bugaboo stamps has a Friday freebie each week and Jodie (the artist) is incredibly talented and makes some adorable images. This week's freebie is no exception. I love how sweet the little bears are having a blast at the birthday party! I knew the minute that I saw it that I wanted to make it in bright happy colors! Just perfect for helping celebrate at Suzanne's celebration!


I have three more birthday cards to show, which were made for displays at the local stamping store. These are all Hero arts images and papers, with a little creative license thrown in to make them a bit more me! LOL

This first card is a cute ice cream cone stamp that I stamped out of pink and yellow Hero arts layering papers (carnation and daffodil) then cut out and put together again. I added googly eyes and a piece o striped string around the middle with the Happy Birthday sentiment. I made the background on the card using the same Happy Birthday sentiment.








Another birthday card with ice cream cones came to mind when I decided to make a group of neopolitan cones with sprinkles. I added the sprinkles with tiny colored pearls of pink, white and brown. I am still on the fence on the sprinkles, but I hope the idea gets across and that they dont look like they have chicken pox..LOL




Here is my last Hero Arts Birthday card that I made this past week and I think it is great for young and old, men and women. Just a generic card that you could tuck in a movie theater pass or a gift card. I really enjoyed making this card and rarely do any faux stitching (or real for that matter) and love how the faux stitching really adds to this card. So simple, but looks like you really added something special to the card.



Prayer/Card Request

I hope that you enjoyed my cards and will have more to show you again soon. I am already working on some more and want to share my next incentive with you. If you have an extra minute or two, want to make a card and not sure what kind, then how about using this as some incentive. I received my email blog update from Kathy at The Daily Marker this morning and after reading, I knew immediately what my next cards would be for. Here is the blurb from "Kathy's blog" and I hope that everyone who reads my blog can take a moment to say a prayer or make and send a card for this little boy and his family.

A friend of mine is asking if you will say a prayer for her 3 year old son who was just diagnosed with leukemia. I am sure you can imagine how tragic this news is to hear from your pediatrician. Latrice is collecting cards to try and bring a little comfort to the family. You can read more about it & get the details here. I am always amazing at the card making community and what big hearts you all have.

S0 friends, lets take a moment to share our crafting skills and pass along a bit of cheer to a family who needs some help right now. Thank you Dear Friends!

*Hugs*
~Andrea


1 comment: