Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some of my work - Prismacolor Colored Pencils

Since many of you are still getting to know me, I think you will learn things about me from the type of cards that I design and the images that I select. As you may already know from the left sidebar on the home page of my blog, I love my rescue dogs. Who am I kidding..I love ALL dogs!! But I also love cute, sweet adorable animals of all types and it shows in many of my cards. I am the one who will pick the cutest animal image and spend hours coloring it just to show off its cute image and to make someone smile.

I have a list of many different sites that offer cute, whimsical, adorable images for my cards. For my first card below I decided to use an image from a wonderful artist that does incredibly cute, sweet, adorable images. I selected the digi named : A message from Mouse

This image was drawn and created by Diane Carubia of Di's Digi Downloads. Here is a
link to her site: http://disdigidownloads.blogspot.com/
Please stop by Di's site and check out her adorable images. If you need to make someone smile, these are the images to use! I hope you like Mouse as much as I enjoyed making him!


Image: A message from Mouse
a digital stamp from Di's Digi Downloads
Sentiment stamp: Anita's Rubber Stamp

Coloring medium: Prismacolor Colored Pencils and
Gamsol (odorless Mineral Spirits)

Misc: Blending stump to blend the colored pencils
Scalloped circle punch- 2 inch
Electric Blue Sheer ribbon
Martha Stewart Doily border punch
Bazzill Card stock
HP Inkjet printer to print image

Card Size: A7 (5 X 7 inches)



The second card I made was using a freebie digital image that I downloaded off of the internet and believe it is from Digital Stamps 4 Joy and is called Ashleigh Angel. If I am mistaken, please contact me and I will post a correction since I sometimes file my images in the wrong folders..LOL Oops...just let you know something else about me...I can mix things up! If I am right, Thank you Digital Stamps 4 Joy for your wonderful Freebie Image!!

I only used Prismacolor colored pencils on this image without using any Gamsol. I wanted to show that you can still blend the pencils without needing anything else. It takes time and just the right pressure, but after practicing, you will get the hang of it. I also used some clear ultrafine glitter that I got on sale at Michael's after last Easter. They had a package of about 15 colors of glitter on a card in little bags and I think it cost me about 35 cents since it was on sale. I think it is perfect for wings, snow, and just little touches of sparkles. I haven't used any of the colored glitters yet, so beware...they may show up when you least expect it!

Image: Ashleigh Angel from Digital Stamps 4 Joy
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Misc: Ultra fine Glitter (for wings)
Scalloped Circle Nestabilities for image
Lacey Circle Nestabilities for card
Hero Arts Card stock for card
HP inkjet printer for image



Card Size: 4 1/4 inch circle
it will fit into an A2 (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch) envelope


This is the first time I tried to make a card made using a Spellbinders Nestabilities die cut. I really like the way it turned out!

The third card that I made was using a Memory Box rubber stamp named Adore Peony Collage. This rubber stamp caught my eye at my local stamp store (LSS) and it brought back the memories of the peonies that we had growing in our front yard when I was growing up. I saw a sample card displayed with this stamp at the store and knew I wanted to duplicate it. This is my version of that sample card. It was quick and simple and fun to make.


Image: Adore Peony Collage (G1433)
a rubber stamp from Memory Box

Coloring medium: Prismacolor Colored Pencils and
Gamsol (odorless Mineral Spirits)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger: Antique Linen

Misc: Blending stump to blend the colored pencils
Small piece of sponge to apply distress ink to edge of image
Bazzill Card stock for matting and card
Memento Ink: Rich Cocoa to stamp image

Card Size: A2 (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches)





If you have any questions regarding using colored pencils, gamsol or this technique, please dont hesitate to post a comment question below.

*Hugs*
~Andrea

3 comments:

  1. You are a busy bee GF!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! You have inspired me to try Prismas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful Andrea! I'll be back to see more and more of your artwork, thanks for sharing your awesome talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, they are so beautiful.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete