Monday, January 24, 2011

Tutorials, Instructions and Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers


I have found the best way for me to learn new techniques is to watch video tutorials. I love going to YouTube and watching the video tutorials. Even if I know the technique, I like to watch the videos because everyone does something different and sometimes I learn a new trick or tip from them. I also go to some of my favorite sites and read about what is new and how to make different cards and techniques.

Today I thought I would share another of my favorite sites, and that is Splitcoaststampers.
If you aren't familiar with Splitcoaststampers, then you are really in for a treat here.

Do you want to have a place where you can get directions and tutorials at the click of your mouse? Do you want to find a place where each tutorial is done in easy to understand step by step instructions and most (if not all) now have video tutorials also. Each tutorial also has a special tag for placing your cards into the gallery to show what you made from using that tutorial. Its great to be able to view how others made the same item using the same directions. All of the tutorials can be found under RESOURCES from the listing at the top of the page.

Say you want a place to store pics of your cards? When you set up your account, you will also have your very own gallery space to upload your cards. You can also visit the main gallery and admire some of the beautiful cards created by your peers. When you upload pictures of your cards you can fill in the list of the materials that you used to make your card. I also use the written material list to keep track of what I used if I want to duplicate that card. You would be surprised how many people will get a card from you and ask, "Can you make one for me to send to Aunt Sophie?" Sure you can..You have it all written down online and you don't have to try to use your memory or look for a slip of paper that you may have it written on. You make the material list as detailed or simple as you like. You can mark down each detail down to the letter and number on each Copic marker that you used to color your image. The choice is yours.

Want to do some challenges? Do you want to join a design team? Want to ask a question? Want to do a swap? Want to sell or are you looking for an item? Use the forum. Splitcoaststampers has those too!

What else does Splitcoast offer? Much more than I can list here, but you can find some amazing work and great tutorials along with others who share the same common interest with you. Click here to go over and check it out.

Stop by tomorrow to see more of the cards I am working on and some oldies but goodies that I want to share with you!

Hope that everyone had a fantastic weekend and are ready to start off this week on a positive note. Im so happy to report that our Steelers will be going to the Super Bowl!! Wooohoo That should start everyone's week off with a huge smile!!

For those of us that still have snow and cold weather, please try to keep warm and lets think spring. Lets hope that the silly groundhog fixes this weather in a few weeks!

*Hugs*,
~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment